sabato 5 luglio 2014

Toward an Unknown Tomorrow

Throughout my life I have entrusted my steps to the stars.
Mine has been an uncertain progress through unusual routes and winding paths.
Because the stars that my eyes follow are not fixed in the sky.
They are meteors, wreckages of a far-away war.
Finding one can mean lots of things.
Fortune for some.
Tragedy for most.

What am I chasing, you ask?
Wealth,
power,
glory:
nothing of the sort.

You can believe that your destiny is written in the stars.
I prefer to think that destiny is no better off than us.
Mortals, who dare to punch a hole in the sky and invert divine laws.

Us, who always have a choice, no matter how small, on the great chessboard of life.

Be it a step toward a meteor, toward an unknown tomorrow.


by Jason R. Forbus

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento